Visit the Archives for U.S. Politics Online -- U.S. Politics Online . net
But if you insist that Mr. Lewis supports your silly ideas about jewish supremacy and rights to the entire land you just need to show it.
And noone here has questioned Israels right to exist, donīt try to change the subject.
There are 25 Arab countries in which Arabs have supremacy.
There are 55 Islamic countries in which Muslims have supremacy.
Anti-Semites who cannot bear the thought of one Jewish country will just need to suck it up. Or, suck something.
He supports the existence of the state of Israel. Something nobody here has disputed. He does evidently not support your silly claims about the Palestinians having no and the Jews having supreme rights, the Palestine mandate and land claims based on the bible. Period.
The rest of your post is as usual baseless rant.
1. No he doesnīt, as you have demonstrated ( by posting a source that does NOT say so). Nor does Dr. Lewis back up your other claims.
2. The Palestinians are no more of a fiction than the modern Austrians or Luxembourgers. They are real people living on THEIR land.
3. You wonīt win this argument about Mr.Lewis since you evidently did not read him.
4. Israel IS a multi-ethnic state with a jewish majority, it has internationally recognized borders (1948) and it does not have to justify its existence by making silly and wrong claims about the distant past. It is a fact. And it makes much more sense to focus on building the future than to throw historical documents around that stand in contradiction to the population realities in the ground.
Arabs viewed Palestine as southern Syria for most of the past 7 centuries, thus, making it difficult for the existence of Palestinians.
Historian Yehoshua Porath...
In other words, Palestinians were merely Syrians.The First Congress of the Muslim-Christian Associations which met in Jerusalem in 1919 and brought together thirty delegates from various parts of Palestine adopted the resolution: "We consider Palestine as part of Arab Syria as it has never been separated from it at any time. We are connected with it by national, religious, linguistic, natural, economic and geographicaal bonds. We desire that our district Southern Syria or Palestine should not be separated from the Independent Arab Syrian government.
I think the whole arguement is crap...
If I own the land I am living on how does anyone have the right to say you have to move because of my religion or ethic group... This is Ethic Cleansing plain and simple..
No one told Pallies to move. They were, in fact, offered statehood under UN Res. 181 in 1947, which also called for an Arab population in the nascent state of Israel, but, the Pallies went to war with the Jews to annihilate them.
In fact, Jews have been the target of Arab ethnic cleansing since the 7th century through endless persecution.
Attempting to make the case that 5 million Jews are ethnically cleansing 350 million Arabs is almost comical. Indeed, Arabs have been undergoing a population explosion.
To claim that historic treaties that were signed ninety years ago whose parties donīt exist anymore ( colonial Britain, League of nations) constitute a more valid "right" to the land than the realities on the ground is silly.
It is even more silly if the treaty does not even contain what you claim. Because a homeland is not a state and equal rights for both sides under british sovereignity is not the same as all the land for one party.
And it becomes extremely silly if you keep going through it all again in spite of beeing refuted time after time.
Who are you hoping to convince ? People just need to click on the link that says : Palestine Mandate ( Two times on this thread) and see for themselves.......
Anarchism: From Theory to Practice
By Daniel Guérin
- If you enjoy having weekends off, thank a socialist.
- If you appreciate the eight-hour work day, thank a socialist.
- If you approve of minimum wage, thank a socialist.
You cannot cite even one binding "treaty" or "resolution" pertaining to the matter as you made it up.
In fact, the Palestine Mandate is the only legally enforceable document pertaining to the matter of the Jewish homeland in Palestine.
Now, you know.