Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules - You must read(Updated!)

DISCLAIMER

You agree to NOT use this site or its affiliated sites, services you may have access to as a result of being a member here (subscriber or otherwise), to post items (images, textual material, etc.) that are pornographic in nature, illegal in the United States and/or the country you reside in, support or encourage illegal activities (e.g., terrorism), advertise for your own personal profit, or send unsolicited messages (i.e. SPAM) to members or non-members.

AND

You agree that if any clause or component of this document is found to not be legally binding in a court of law of proper jurisdiction then the remainder of this document shall remain fully binding and in full force.

AND

You agree to NOT hold Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (makers of the forum software), uspoliticsonline.com, sites affiliated with uspoliticsonline.com, its administrators, its moderators, others associated with its operation, and its owners liable for any and all of the following (in whole or in part):
Personal insults/attacks by other members.
The content posted by other members, whether directed at you personally or a label/classification you associate with. This includes remarks you consider to be libelous or slanderous in any way.
Any financial or time loss due to your participation here or as a result of something you read at this site, including posts/PMs by other members and feature(s)/software available at the domain uspoliticsonline.com.
The dissemination of any personal information about you as a result of either your negligence (e.g. staying logged into a computer that others have access to) or willingness to post such information on a public and or private forum, private message or chat box. This includes using your real name or other details that could allow other members and/or the general public to determine your true identity. You are prohibited from using your real name on these forums, either as your username or in posts / PMs you write.

FORUM RULES, IN ADDITION TO THE DISCLAIMER

1. These rules apply to all sections of USPOL, including public and private forums, blogs, and visitor messages.

2. You cannot attack and/or personally insult someone. You cannot bait other forum members; this includes referring to posters by derogatory terms. Please, remain courteous and respectful to all forum members at all times. You agree to take responsibility for reporting such posts when you come across them. Please, use the ignore feature if need be. Any member who intentionally and continually posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response, or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion, may be regarded as a “troll” by staff, and have their account suspended or banned.

3. You cannot harass (sexually or otherwise) other members. This includes malicious, slanderous, or defamatory comments. If you are not sure if something you write is inappropriate or not then don't say it. Err on the side of caution.

4. Copying and Pasting Articles, and Starting New Threads. You cannot simply cut and paste in posts or when starting threads. You MUST provide the identifying information (source, author, date, and URL). You must also offer some original thoughts along with the cut and paste. You may copy and paste an excerpt or series of excerpts from the article. Excerpts really shouldn’t be more then a paragraph or two. Furthermore, if you use images or other copyrighted material in your posts or signature you must have permission of the copyright holder unless you know for a fact that the image is in the public domain. In addition:
a. It must include the identifying information; e.g., where available, the author, the publication, the date, the URL.
b. The member must offer some context, including: How did you hear of this article? What is your opinion? Why is it important to you? Why should it be important to forum readers? The more context you provide, the more you assist others in gauging the excerpted information's significance.
c. You may copy and paste an excerpt or series of excerpts, not the whole thing or even the majority of the whole thing to encourage people to read the entire article.

A violation of any of the above will result in the deletion or closing of the post or thread and could earn you a warning or suspension. If you have any questions concering any of the above please PM a moderator and we will be happy to clarify.

5. You cannot post the same thing in multiple forums. You must not open similar threads about the same or a similar topic. You cannot spam the board or send unsolicited messages to members via PM, email or any other means.

6. Do not post off-topic. You cannot derail a thread with off topic posts.

7. You cannot shout in posts. This includes posting in all CAPS, bold, lIkE tHiS, and extra large font. Posts should also be one color, although you may use an additional color for highlighting ideas you wish to address.

8. You may not alter quotes in a way that misrepresents what was originally said.

9. Multiple accounts are not allowed. If you are found to have more than one account all accounts will be permanently terminated.

10. You cannot have a user name, avatar, signature, or post images that are deliberately offensive. That includes the display of overly explicit or graphic images that may not be suitable for minors.

11. Signatures can not have more than three lines of text, with a font size no larger than "4", and no more than two font colors. Images in signatures cannot be any larger than 800 pixels wide x 200 pixels tall. Animated images are not allowed.

12. You are prohibited from taking any action to disturb the use of the services by others, distribute material that contains viruses, spyware or any other malicious code or harmful programs. This includes interfering with the working of the network, attempts to gain unauthorized access to a service or other computer systems that are part of the site or any other site, by use of the available services.

13. Discussion of moderation actions in public and/or private forums is not permitted. Moderation actions include warnings, suspensions and the editing or deletion of posts. If a member has a concern about a moderation action, he or she is invited to address it with the board staff via Private Message. This rule exists to protect the privacy of all posters with regards to disciplinary action. The moderator team will never publicly discuss the warnings/suspensions of any posters, and we ask that you return the favor, whether about yourself or another poster. Posting about moderation actions in the public forums constitutes a violation. You are free to discuss a moderation action via Private Message with the moderator involved, but you may not harass or abuse the moderators (as already specified in the forum rules). In practical terms, this means that once a moderator tells you his or her decision is final, no further PMs about that moderation action are permitted. If you have a concern about a moderation action, you are free to appeal to a Forum Administrator via Private Message. You may only discuss moderator activities or discussion of moderation with staff member if you chose to private message and are not under any circumstances allowed to use the PM function to forward or promote moderator discussion in regards to specific forum action, amongst other regular members. Administrators do reserve the right to read said PMs and may do so ; if that results in discovery of messaging between posters of such moderator discussion then it will lead to the same violation being received for discussing said moderator actions on the forum. If you receive a message to the effect of having been given moderator information, please report it to a member of staff. Engaging back in that discussion with the original violator will earn you just as stiff a sanction.

14. Do not ignore moderators or administrators. Do not repost something a moderator or administrator has deleted. You cannot have moderators or administrators on your ignore list.

15. Only post in English. Short passages in foreign languages may be acceptable if its use seems helpful for the ongoing discussion and when there is no indication of a potential violation of the forum rules. Always provide a translation into English in such cases. In case of doubt, the incident will be regarded as a violation, no matter of the actual meaning of the foreign language text.

16. The use of words/comments etc. written by other posters, without approval of the poster in your personal signature is not allowed nor are references, by name, to other posters allowed.

17. Please pay attention to announcements by Forum staff that will be found in the "Welcome! / News & Announcements" forum from time to time.

18. Use of "liar", "lies", "lying", etc. Accusing someone of being a "liar" or similar accusations towards other posters will generally be regarded as implying an insult and therewith as a violation of the forum rules. "I question the validity of your statement because...", "That's not the truth" or "you are wrong about that" are sufficient for any decent discussion if you want to disagree with somebody's assertions.

19. Thread opening restriction for new members. In order to control SPAM, new members must have moderator approval to start their own threads.

20. Thread titles must relate to the discussion within. Do not make misleading titles, or titles such as "Guess what..." or "You'll never believe this...". Members need to be able to identify the general gist of the thread via the title. Profanity in thread titles is not permitted.

21. Forum members are instructed to use forum tools and abilities for their intended purposes and no other. If members identify a forum glitch or weakness of any kind that allows you to see or do something you know you shouldn't, please report it. Being aware of any unintended access to the Forum and failing to take appropriate steps to notify staff of said access issues, will create a presumption of seeking to take advantage of the issue, will result in either account suspension, or banishment.

22. Any link to a site that contains graphic content, must contain a warning describing what a person might reasonably expect to view if they click on said link. No graphic pictures are to be posted on the Forum.

23. Threats or advocations of violence toward a public figure, or member of the Forum, will not be tolerated. Conversation about revolution or the like is not prohibited by this rule; directly calling for violence is, eg “It's time to kill every <redacted> that voted for the bill,” is not permitted.

24. Accounts with no posts will be deleted after 30 days. Inactive accounts with low post histories may be deleted after one year.

25. Private forums are something offered to members that decide to contribute directly to this site via donations. These donations help immensely in keeping this site up and running. Private forums are designed to allow the contributing member discuss whatever he/she wants to and to have the power to direct that discussion in whatever way he/she chose. They were not designed nor are they intended for simply talking trash about members that don't have access to the forum. While the targeted members cannot see the forum or the comments, it creates a negative atmosphere that really isn't necessary. If you want to totally rip apart ideas, ideologies, political parties, etc. that is fine. We simply ask that you don't use the private forums as a means to attack other members that aren't privy to such comments. It is difficult enough to have a political discussion forum because the discussion of politics is inherently heated as people are so passionate about their beliefs...the ones that take the time to come to such a site in the first place at least. The idea of private forums is so people of similar political persuasions can discuss whatever they want without fear of being attacked. Nonetheless, we hope that a certain level of maturity would foster itself within such an arena and not simply lend itself to a bashing forum.

Private Forums are governed by all of the above Forum rules. In addition:
  • Private forums that essentially become abandoned homes will be subject to deletion, donation or reorganization. Just like elsewhere in life, clubs sometimes lose their vitality and purpose for a myriad of reasons. If it becomes clear that a private forum has clearly lost its vitality and nobody is going to really use it anymore, owners are advised to consider whether to reuse the forum for something new and productive rather than let them linger or notify the Administration that the forum should be rearranged for other purposes, closed, merged with other compatible private forums, donated to others for new purposes, etc. Do not be concerned that your forum must be a membership and post count race with others to avoid falling under this policy; the question is whether your forum has actual vitality instead of being 'brain dead.'
  • Additionally, private forums may only be owned by subscribed members in the Platinum or Diamond categories.
  • Should the owner of a private forum be banned, quit USPOL or otherwise abandon the forum the PF will be transferred to another owner or closed.
  • Propriety of private forums. Administration staff will determine the desirability of a proposed private forum and enact any conditions upon it to ensure its purpose is productive.
  • Any and all instances of sharing accounts by allowing someone else to log in under their own account so they can see into private forums for which they are otherwise not permitted to access, will be deemed violation of the double account rule and all caught doing so will be permanently banned.
  • Relaying private forum posts and information to other posters who are not members of the particular private forum for any negative or destructive purpose (eg mean-spirited gossip, fueling interpersonal disputes, etc), is not permitted, and will constitute a violation of the Forum rules.
  • For purposes of monitoring USPOL Terms of Service Administrative staff (not Moderators) will have access to Private Forums.
  • All Private Forums must have at least one active Administrator as a member for purposes of handling issues which cannot be addressed through moderation permissions.
  • Discussion of moderation activities is prohibited on the open site and is likewise prohibited in Private Forums.

26. The administrators and moderators reserve the right to edit and/or delete a post,and/or close a thread, and/or delete a thread at any time if of the opinion that the post is too obscene, inappropriate, or the discussion has run its course.

27. 'Back seat moderating' is not allowed. If you take issue with another poster's contribution to the forum, you're welcome to report any posts you think are out of line, but you should not bring it up publicly within the forum.

28. Images in posts (whether embedded or hot linked) must be reasonable in size. 800x800 should be considered a good rule of thumb. Excessively large images make it difficult for users on mobile devices to load pages. If necessary please simply link to very large images using the URL tags. In addition, the following images are not permitted (including, but not limited to pages with images or videos containing):
  • Strategically covered nudity
  • Sheer or see-through clothing
  • Lewd or provocative poses
  • Close-ups of breasts, buttocks, or crotches

29. Any solicitation or communication involving sports betting / gambling / online casinos / bookies and or internet based card or slot machine systems or sites will lead to all said content being physically removed from the site and server, and will lead to any and or all parties involved being permanently removed and banned from the site to the farthest extent possible. This includes any links to any form of bookmaker, casino, any type of game or match or event where money transfers on the outcome or link of any sort to wire act violations and or anything in violation of either the Internet Gambling Regulation, Consumer Protection, and Enforcement Act, Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act of 2006, or the Federal wire Act. This applies not only to the open forum but all and or any chat rooms, articles, private messages and or private forums. All content that violates this rule will be deleted, without notice.

CONSEQUENCES

Failure to comply with any of the forum rules may result in your posts being edited or deleted and/or your account being temporarily or permanently banned from the forums. U.S. Politics Online uses a warning system that generates an automated Private Message to members when they are in violation of Forum rules. The decision to issue a warning is left to the discretion of the moderator or administrator handling the violation. If a member does not agree with an action taken by a moderator, they can appeal to an administrator after seeking clarification from the moderator who issued the warning/infraction and appealing to them in the first instance. Members MAY NOT harass a moderator or administrator by sending excessive PMs when they are discussing an appeal.

Violations are assigned a point value. Points are valid for 30 days. When a members earns 10 points, their account will be automatically suspended: five (5) days for a first suspension; ten (10) days for a second suspension; and twenty (20) days for a third suspension. If a member incurs an additional 10 points after having served three periods of suspension, then they will be permanently banned from the Forum.

Point values are as follows:
Zero (0) points – Warning
Two (2) points - Minor infraction / Non post infraction (minor) / Off topic posts / spamming
Four (4) points - Academic dishonesty / Baiting / Discussing moderator or administrator actions / Implying an insult / Minor insults / Moderate infraction / Non-post infraction (moderate) / Thread dumping
Six (6) points - Direct insult at another member / major infraction / Non-post infraction (major)
Ten (10) points - Act of criminality, or advocating thereof

The administrators and moderators also bear the right to issue warnings, temporarily suspend or ban posters for continued trolling or other serious misconduct (eg. professional spamming) even if the poster has not yet reached the maximum warning points or suspensions level. Other options if the above consequences do not seem adequate include placing the member in a moderation queue, which means all posts will have to be approved before they are posted to the board.

PRIVACY POLICY

All information obtained by the end user via the registration process is for internal purposes only and will not be sold to or shared with any third parties. However, if the end user participates in illegal activities and a court of proper jurisdiction orders U.S. Politics Online to release certain information about said user then we will act according to the law. Furthermore, no information will be released on threat of a lawsuit, attempted or actual intimidation, or due to any other reason except as notated in the first sentence of this paragraph. Nonetheless, keep in mind that the information we do have is very limited and generally only consists of the IP address a member uses.

SUBSCRIPTIONS

U.S. Politics Online offers several subscription plans to help cover the operational costs of the site. As a thank you for your donation, you will receive special added benefits meant to enhance your U.S. Politics Online experience. Plans vary in price, starting at only $0.05/day, and benefits vary with the price. Benefits include ability to go straight to new posts, to search the forum, larger avatar, private forums, invisible mode, photo gallery, email, web hosting, and no advertisement banners. Please, click here for more details.
See more
See less

Its that time again... Medical Marijuana

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Its that time again... Medical Marijuana

    Was perusing the interwebs today and came across this little gem


    700 medical cannabis studies sorted by disease


    Its a master list of 700 scientific studies on medical applications for weed. All sorts of disorders, some that you would not expect, like herpes. The list is alphabetic and broken up by disorder. There are 3-8 studies per disorder with the full text forms for free with no sign up or anything like that.

    Anyone feel like discussing this? Or is the fact that pot is more than a simple psychoactive substance pretty common knowledge these days?

    Let me put it a different way: Who DOESN"T think pot has legitimate medical uses?

  • #2
    re: Its that time again... Medical Marijuana

    Interesting, I have been researching on how Pot can help diabetes.

    There are some studies that suggest it will boost insulin production and get the pancreas to actually work again in some cases similar to mine.

    מה מכילות החדשות?


    • #3
      Re: Its that time again... Medical Marijuana

      Medical value is not the point when it comes to cannabis. We already know the US holds patent 6630507, or that cannabis has potential value in the "treatment of neurodegenerative diseases, such as Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease and HIV dementia." We also know the US contradicts itself frequently with saying there is so such value, or there are other long term potential consequences of cannabis that is more important. As if there is some other drug without long term physical effects.

      I've said before that aligning cannabis to medial value was just a stepping stone to legalization. It is just a political fight against the failed War on Drugs.

      מה מכילות החדשות?


      • #4
        Re: Its that time again... Medical Marijuana

        Since it is so stated that this is a discussion on the medical benefits of marijuana, I moved the thread to the Science forum and clarified the title.

        So rock on...

        מה מכילות החדשות?


        • #5
          Re: Its that time again... Medical Marijuana

          Sluggo: Its not just about legalization for recreational use.

          I used to be quite a scoffer in the medical benefits myself, and I'm PRO legalization. I thought it was a cop out. Its really not. Epilepsy, herpes, cancer, all sorts of disparate disorders and outright diseases can be treated with compounds found in cannabis. Some use THC others CBD etc. But they have real medical applications that aren't availible from other drugs.

          מה מכילות החדשות?


          • #6
            Re: Its that time again... Medical Marijuana

            Originally posted by reality View Post
            Sluggo: Its not just about legalization for recreational use.

            I used to be quite a scoffer in the medical benefits myself, and I'm PRO legalization. I thought it was a cop out. Its really not. Epilepsy, herpes, cancer, all sorts of disparate disorders and outright diseases can be treated with compounds found in cannabis. Some use THC others CBD etc. But they have real medical applications that aren't availible from other drugs.
            Locally they are running a referendum for legalization that will fail. It is poorly organized and we don't need it. Typically Canadian it is not legal nor legal and no one gets arrested for simple possession. The Vancouver Police Department and its union officially support legalization. Everyone yawns.

            However, there is a HUGE political movement for Medical Marijuana. It comes from health care givers, especially in geriatric and palliative care where they want better delivery systems - kind of uncool to smoke in a cancer ward - and better guidelines on THC and other active ingredients and from the families of the afflicted.

            So even where its treated as legal, there is political pressure for more medical use and more research.

            מה מכילות החדשות?


            • #7
              Re: Its that time again... Medical Marijuana

              Originally posted by reality View Post
              Sluggo: Its not just about legalization for recreational use.

              I used to be quite a scoffer in the medical benefits myself, and I'm PRO legalization. I thought it was a cop out. Its really not. Epilepsy, herpes, cancer, all sorts of disparate disorders and outright diseases can be treated with compounds found in cannabis. Some use THC others CBD etc. But they have real medical applications that aren't availible from other drugs.
              I am not saying that the medical benefit from Marijuana does not exist, or that it is not important. If anything the US itself holding a patent on this should tell us something. At the same time we have plenty of study talking about benefit even though we know risk exists. The point is the moment the War on Drugs started in this nation so did this debate. In just about every instance across the nation in the effort to legalize this drug, there was a start to the effort. And that was all about medical benefit. From a strategy point of view, this is starting to work. I am PRO legalization as well, but not because of medical benefit. I consider it a step, and the method of which this is being accepted supports my case. My issue is entirely the failed War on Drugs telling anyone rational we need to change course.

              מה מכילות החדשות?


              • #8
                Re: Its that time again... Medical Marijuana

                I'm OK with medical Marijuana. It eases various symptoms from various diseases and maladies to the benefit of patients. That's all good in my book.

                However, if it is being prescribed as a medication is needs to comply with how we dispense restricted medications, which means:
                1. that a legitimate doctor signs a legitimate prescription, same as any other
                2. the patient takes it to a legitimate pharmacy to get the prescription filled from a legitimate pharmacist
                3. the pharmacist obtains the medication from a drug maker, which complies with FDR regulations as to purity, content and warnings.

                That's the system we have in place for dispensing restricted medications, and medical Marijuana needs to comply with that system. Please note, I'm not objecting to legalized medical Marijuana, I object to it not complying with the existing regulatory and dispensing system.

                The abortion of legitimizing medical Marijuana as implemented in California is little more than a scam for legalized recreational Marijuana, and I would say damages the cause of legalized medical Marijuana rather than helping it.

                מה מכילות החדשות?


                • #9
                  Re: Its that time again... Medical Marijuana

                  Originally posted by eohrnberger View Post
                  I'm OK with medical Marijuana. It eases various symptoms from various diseases and maladies to the benefit of patients. That's all good in my book.

                  However, if it is being prescribed as a medication is needs to comply with how we dispense restricted medications, which means:
                  1. that a legitimate doctor signs a legitimate prescription, same as any other
                  2. the patient takes it to a legitimate pharmacy to get the prescription filled from a legitimate pharmacist
                  3. the pharmacist obtains the medication from a drug maker, which complies with FDR regulations as to purity, content and warnings.

                  That's the system we have in place for dispensing restricted medications, and medical Marijuana needs to comply with that system. Please note, I'm not objecting to legalized medical Marijuana, I object to it not complying with the existing regulatory and dispensing system.

                  The abortion of legitimizing medical Marijuana as implemented in California is little more than a scam for legalized recreational Marijuana, and I would say damages the cause of legalized medical Marijuana rather than helping it.
                  Legitimate drs, pharmacies: You mean like the pill mills that spit out barbituates, muscle relaxants and opiods? Well regulated and run by "legitimate" professionals, like those places?

                  I have no problem with regulations so long as they make sense. Pill manufacture and growing a plant are two different processes for two different TYPES of substances with different associated risks and delivery methods etc etc not to mention laws governing them. They should be treated like what they are, two different things that need special guidelines a piece.
                  You should be licensed to grow a small number of plants for personal (no more than 4 imo but then thats a from the hip number that would need several experts to properly answer, a grower a dr and a patient methinks.) and that should be CHECKED UP ON. If you're going to be a dispenser then you can grow more but again you need to be inspected.

                  There needs to be a list of conditions that drs. and patients (the and is important as what works for one patient may not be another's cup o tea. for instance I won't take opioids unless I'm in constant blinding agony because I LIKE opiods and its a bad idea to give me a prescription. REALLY bad idea. I much prefer reefer for the managment of pain, but that's just MY choice in MY healthcare. Others may disagree.) feel are applicable to medical pot. This would include chronic pain or anxiety, just like opiods and valium currently do. Yes this could lead to some minor abuses of the system (I say minor because of the HARM involved being markedly less than opioids barbituates or muscle relaxants currently filling that slot). But I'd rather have a pot mill than a pill mill, pot is markedly less dangerous and if I HAVE to pick one to regulate more strongly its going to be prescription pills not reefer. I'd rather they all be OTC with no warning labels to thin the herd but that's just me.


                  Ultimately I want all drugs legalized and regulated (and taxed at a reasonable rate) on grounds of individual liberty, but we can start here. It helps that medical pot has some real merit for intratumoral injection, epilepsy and chronic pain. As well as lots of other things that need more research. But those I listed are more than solid science and in use TODAY. I know if I come up with cancer tomorrow I'm not going in for chemo.
                  Last edited by reality; 11-25-2013, 08:18 AM.

                  מה מכילות החדשות?


                  • #10
                    Re: Its that time again... Medical Marijuana

                    Originally posted by reality View Post
                    Legitimate drs, pharmacies: You mean like the pill mills that spit out barbituates, muscle relaxants and opiods? Well regulated and run by "legitimate" professionals, like those places?

                    I have no problem with regulations so long as they make sense. Pill manufacture and growing a plant are two different processes for two different TYPES of substances with different associated risks and delivery methods etc etc not to mention laws governing them. They should be treated like what they are, two different things that need special guidelines a piece.
                    You should be licensed to grow a small number of plants for personal (no more than 4 imo but then thats a from the hip number that would need several experts to properly answer, a grower a dr and a patient methinks.) and that should be CHECKED UP ON. If you're going to be a dispenser then you can grow more but again you need to be inspected.
                    You are straying away from it being treated as a medicine, to it being treated as recreational.

                    Restricted medicines are obtained from the 'pill mills' as you call them, and from the pharmacists with a prescription.

                    We can discuss it being treated as medicinal, the subject of this thread, or we can change subjects and discuss it for recreation. Which shall it be?

                    מה מכילות החדשות?


                    • #11
                      Re: Its that time again... Medical Marijuana

                      Originally posted by eohrnberger View Post
                      You are straying away from it being treated as a medicine, to it being treated as recreational.

                      Restricted medicines are obtained from the 'pill mills' as you call them, and from the pharmacists with a prescription.

                      We can discuss it being treated as medicinal, the subject of this thread, or we can change subjects and discuss it for recreation. Which shall it be?
                      I have not strayed at all. You're not understanding what I'm talking about.

                      You SHOULD be able to get a license to grow your own weed if you can get a medical card. The grounds for receiving said card should be determined by a panel of experts that INCLUDES drs AND patients. After the list of acceptable grounds is found THEN you need ANOTHER panel to see just how much a person should be growing for their own medical treatment. The dr.s and patients should speak first saying "this is what is medically required as a dose with a strain of a particular concentration of a particular cannabinoid" (drs.) and then the patients should say "well doing that I go through X amount in Y period of time." Then you look to the growers experts who say "well for this strain the time to harvest is Z so to get X for Y you'd need R number of plants". That should then be obtained from a dispenser and then inspected regularly to make sure people are staying on program within the law. ANyone caught going outside it (selling to others, growing more than allowed etc) should have the hammer dropped on them.
                      ALL of that is medical, not recreational.
                      I'm saying eventually I'd like full legalization of all drugs, but I'll start here with medical pot, move on to recreational pot, and thence I think to mushrooms/peyote/ayuhasca/dmt then to coke meth and heroin. But that is a discussion for elsewhere. Right now we're tlaking about the start: medical pot, and how it should be treated.

                      You claimed you wanted "legitimate drs" and "legitimate pharmacies" to regulate all this. I simply pointed out the absurdity of your statement. There are pill mills EVERYWHERE. All they do is pump out dope that people get in large quantities and then SELL often to minors if my HS was any indicator. Not alot of drinkers or pot heads but a shit ton of kids on bars and painkillers. If you take a xanax, some codine, and a soma (muscle relaxant. Popularly abused) and melt down and shoot them it is apparently as close as you can get to heroin, so says my mother the pain specialist with 30 years of experience in the field. She works in a clinic. She turns people away CONSTANTLY for mere drug seeking. Its always "o gee my back o gee it hurts but they say theres nothing wrong but im just in so much pain". Difference being her office isn't a pill mill. You usually go to the suburbs for that, not the medical center in houston.
                      Funny story true story: I live in the suburbs. I went to NA for 6months (court ordered for my probation on a weed case) and the stories I learned there opened my eyes. Its REALLY easy if you find the right dr. I've DONE it before for christs sake. You have no idea how prevalent they are, and oddly enough the thing that causes the most deaths in the illegal drug category is prescription pills.
                      I'm trying to point out that you can't even regulate the prescription pill industry right like that and you want to try it with weed? That's absurd. Those are two different types of things, the manufacter is different, how it works is different, what it does is different, how you do it is different, the risks involved are different etc etc. You're going to need a DIFFERENT reg system for medical pot than you are for scripts.

                      Those scripts are generated by a dr who is a DRUG DEALER not a dr. He writes the scripts and sends you to a pharmacy he knows that won't raise a redflag. He makes money off your insurance, you get your dope to use and or sell, the pharma makes money coming and going. Its a business. An illegal business. And its an epidemic. It also causes THOUSANDS of deaths a year. Precription pills are the biggest killers.

                      מה מכילות החדשות?


                      • #12
                        Re: Its that time again... Medical Marijuana

                        Originally posted by reality View Post
                        I have not strayed at all. You're not understanding what I'm talking about.

                        You SHOULD be able to get a license to grow your own weed if you can get a medical card. The grounds for receiving said card should be determined by a panel of experts that INCLUDES drs AND patients. After the list of acceptable grounds is found THEN you need ANOTHER panel to see just how much a person should be growing for their own medical treatment. The dr.s and patients should speak first saying "this is what is medically required as a dose with a strain of a particular concentration of a particular cannabinoid" (drs.) and then the patients should say "well doing that I go through X amount in Y period of time." Then you look to the growers experts who say "well for this strain the time to harvest is Z so to get X for Y you'd need R number of plants". That should then be obtained from a dispenser and then inspected regularly to make sure people are staying on program within the law. ANyone caught going outside it (selling to others, growing more than allowed etc) should have the hammer dropped on them.
                        ALL of that is medical, not recreational.
                        I'm saying eventually I'd like full legalization of all drugs, but I'll start here with medical pot, move on to recreational pot, and thence I think to mushrooms/peyote/ayuhasca/dmt then to coke meth and heroin. But that is a discussion for elsewhere. Right now we're tlaking about the start: medical pot, and how it should be treated.

                        You claimed you wanted "legitimate drs" and "legitimate pharmacies" to regulate all this. I simply pointed out the absurdity of your statement. There are pill mills EVERYWHERE. All they do is pump out dope that people get in large quantities and then SELL often to minors if my HS was any indicator. Not alot of drinkers or pot heads but a shit ton of kids on bars and painkillers. If you take a xanax, some codine, and a soma (muscle relaxant. Popularly abused) and melt down and shoot them it is apparently as close as you can get to heroin, so says my mother the pain specialist with 30 years of experience in the field. She works in a clinic. She turns people away CONSTANTLY for mere drug seeking. Its always "o gee my back o gee it hurts but they say theres nothing wrong but im just in so much pain". Difference being her office isn't a pill mill. You usually go to the suburbs for that, not the medical center in houston.
                        Funny story true story: I live in the suburbs. I went to NA for 6months (court ordered for my probation on a weed case) and the stories I learned there opened my eyes. Its REALLY easy if you find the right dr. I've DONE it before for christs sake. You have no idea how prevalent they are, and oddly enough the thing that causes the most deaths in the illegal drug category is prescription pills.
                        I'm trying to point out that you can't even regulate the prescription pill industry right like that and you want to try it with weed? That's absurd. Those are two different types of things, the manufacter is different, how it works is different, what it does is different, how you do it is different, the risks involved are different etc etc. You're going to need a DIFFERENT reg system for medical pot than you are for scripts.

                        Those scripts are generated by a dr who is a DRUG DEALER not a dr. He writes the scripts and sends you to a pharmacy he knows that won't raise a redflag. He makes money off your insurance, you get your dope to use and or sell, the pharma makes money coming and going. Its a business. An illegal business. And its an epidemic. It also causes THOUSANDS of deaths a year. Precription pills are the biggest killers.
                        I believe I understand what you are talking about, but I'm not buying into it.

                        We have a system for dispensing restricted medication. You want to discuss medical pot. If medical pot is going to be used as medication, then it needs to be prescribed and dispensed via the existing medication system.

                        If you want to change this system, that's fine, but it's not just for medical pot. At that point, it'd have to be revised for all medications, and that's the different discussion.

                        What you are proposing is little different from the sham medical pot deal in California, i.e. recreational use.

                        That's fine as well. But doesn't fall under medical pot. Putting it forth as medical pot when we all know that the use is going to recreational, and structuring the regulations more like recreational is just like mixing metaphors.

                        מה מכילות החדשות?


                        • #13
                          Re: Its that time again... Medical Marijuana

                          Yawn ... with all due respect to the thread starter: I realize you are passionate about this, but as for me, I think I'll go watch the grass grow for awhile.

                          מה מכילות החדשות?


                          • #14
                            Re: Its that time again... Medical Marijuana

                            Originally posted by good1 View Post
                            yawn ... With all due respect to the thread starter: I realize you are passionate about this, but as for me, i think i'll go watch the grass grow for awhile.

                            מה מכילות החדשות?


                            • #15
                              Re: Its that time again... Medical Marijuana

                              Originally posted by eohrnberger View Post
                              I believe I understand what you are talking about, but I'm not buying into it.

                              We have a system for dispensing restricted medication. You want to discuss medical pot. If medical pot is going to be used as medication, then it needs to be prescribed and dispensed via the existing medication system.

                              If you want to change this system, that's fine, but it's not just for medical pot. At that point, it'd have to be revised for all medications, and that's the different discussion.

                              What you are proposing is little different from the sham medical pot deal in California, i.e. recreational use.

                              That's fine as well. But doesn't fall under medical pot. Putting it forth as medical pot when we all know that the use is going to recreational, and structuring the regulations more like recreational is just like mixing metaphors.
                              What part of a panel of drs and patients have to first agree on conditions for the getting of the permit in the first place, then ANOTHER panel this time with a grower on it has to decide the number and type of plants for each (note many will be 1% THC strains that you couldn't get high off of if you shot it up) accepted disorder/disease. Many people won't even opt for it as its too time consuming and takes too much skill to pull off correctly. Doesn't mean it shouldn't be an option. Also what part of regular inspections to make sure you aren't growing more than you are allotted, using a strain you weren't allotted, selling to people without a dispensers license and without paying tax, didn't you understand? That is FAR FAR FAR and away different from californias "medical" pot system. You're not listening.

                              You're a big "I should have choice in my healthcare' guy. You should understand that some people will prefer their opioids or xanax and others will not. Both groups should have the choice. Hell some folks are allergic to THC (poor bastards). So they need the CHOICE and more than that the CHOICE is their RIGHT.
                              However the pills are MUCH MUCH MUCH more deadly (they cause a high number of deaths per year. 10s of thousands) and so THEY need to be regulated better as THEY ARE NOT NOW. You wanna "fix " something then fix that.
                              The DEA would be better served raiding pill mills than pot dispensaries. You'd think they could do a little triage and realize that the thing killing folks in droves is the more dangerous substance. Plus any script gets tagged with a DEA number making it SOOOOO MUCH EASIER to track. All medical pot plants should (and in colorado they DO) get tracked in a similar fashion. And again I'm talking about a regulatory agency INSPECTING these people's homes who are growing their own medicine to make sure A) the plants in the house are the plants they are allowed to have (specific strains etc. you wouldn't let a kid who had horrible epilepsy and was allotted a high CBD low THC strain for treatment and whose parents grow for them, you wouldn't let them have a HIGH thc LOW CBD strain and they would then be taken in not only for illegal possession of a CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE (not a class c misdemeanor like pot is now) but also for child abuse/neglect and if they've been selling then illegal distribution and tax evasion as well.) b) that they are only growing their personal amount alloted to them by their prescription.
                              And again most people would not apply to grow at home A) because they DON"T have the skill or time to do it right b) because it would open their home up to random visits by police. They would go to a dispensary which is much easier to regulate. I just think they should have the CHOICE. Because the law abiding SHOULD be able to choose, and it is the burden of the state to prove they are breaking any laws.


                              I'm not structuring it like recreational. Recreational would be QUITE different. I don't want to go off topic since you're getting SOOOOO distraught about it, but if you would LIKE me to explain JUST what the difference between medical and recreational WOULD be I COULD do that for you. You know, to clear up your confusion becuase apparently you lack reading comprehension.

                              (̅_̅_̅(̅(̅_̅_̅_̅_̅_̅̅()ڪ

                              Originally posted by Good1 View Post
                              Yawn ... with all due respect to the thread starter: I realize you are passionate about this, but as for me, I think I'll go watch the grass grow for awhile.
                              if you're uninterested in the subject matter then GTFO of the thread. Don't swing by and drive by post. Seriously dude that is rude in the extreme. If you refuse to contribute, then fine. That's your choice. But don't come by and drop useless, off topic quips.
                              Gosh I think there might be a rule somewhere about not posting off topic shit to threads.

                              מה מכילות החדשות?

                              Working...
                              X